Sunday, February 1, 2015

2015 Winter Kids Clothing Week

"To Kids Clothing Week or not to Kids Clothing Week?" that is the question of the weekend. I love to participate in the seasonal Kids Clothing Week and it feels like I have to miss out most the time. Whether or not that's true I don't know, I'd have to do the math. 



KCW (Kids Clothing Week) is a pledge to do at least one hour of sewing (for your kiddo) every day for one week. It is not the specifics of the challenge that I enjoy and miss when I don't get to participate, it is the community of sewist that interact with each other in a non-competitive personal challenge. I love seeing all the wonderful things people are completing and the supportive spirit. 

With just this contemplation I have decided YES! I am going to participate. It might be a little tight but I am going to enjoy the experience even if I don't produce as much as I would like. That said I am going to challenge myself to only one item for one of my kids. I guess that is the next thing I need to determine who am I going to make something for and what. 

The KCW crew as put out a challenge this time to make something up-cycled. I like this idea. Over the holiday's my husband managed to ruin not one but two of his dress shirts. One in particular that I really liked. So I think I'm going to do something that has been done a thousand times but I am going to make my daughter something with one of the casualties. Likely a dress but who knows maybe I will surprise you (& me) and come up with something never seen before. You will just have to check back and see what I manage.


Thanks for stopping by the nest!

Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment