Monday, September 14, 2015

Summer KCW 2015 - Nightgowns

I did it again, I made other one of these. I can't get enough of this raglan pattern from iKat Bag. It is so simple to make and is perfect for just about everything. I imagine at some point Hannah or I will get sick of the peasant style tops and that will be the end of that.

For the first time though I used a knit. I have so much knit in my stash and never seem to use it. For whatever reason I gravitate to the wovens more. I think it may have something to do with the limited pattern selection for knits at my local stores. Although, I have found that they are improving. 
Hannah has gotten to the point where she does not want to wear anything other than nightgowns. The pants and shorts are not princess enough I guess. So I dug around in my pattern stash looking for another style that I thought would work well for a knit nightgown and found CINO's free pattern for the Playdate Dress. Since the free pattern comes in a size 2T I had enlarge the bodice a bit.  I don't think Jessica intended it to be a nightgown but I think it works perfectly for this. 
I didn't bother with hemming the bottom or the flutter sleeves. Since it is a jersey knit it rolls on the raw edge. I like the way it looks and gives it a bit more comfort. 
Well that wraps up my summer Kids Clothing Week. Just in time too, they announced the Fall KCW dates last week,

The fall KCW is October 19th - 25th and has the theme "Disguise". I love it! This is prefect for making Noah's Halloween costume. Hannah has been requesting a purple coat since this past spring so I should probably make that a priority too.
If you are a sewing and never participated in a KCW you should really consider it. It is a lot a of fun and a great way to get to meet other people in the internet sewing community.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment