Saturday, April 18, 2015

Chevron Halter Top

Here is another item completed over the past month. I fell in love with this Chevron Yoke Halter Top when I found it a couple years ago on Pinterest. I've had this fabric just for this top almost as long, so don't ask where it came from. I really need to do a better job cataloging fabric information.  This is a free tutorial that is offered by Bridget at Everyday Chaos.
The top tutorial can be found here, however when I went to download the chevron yoke template it no longer works and sadly it doesn't look like this blog is active any longer. Fortunately, there were enough information in the tutorial and comments concerning the dimensions of the chevron yoke that I was able to recreate it.
The recommendation was 4"x4" cut on a fold which is what was used here. Hannah is a 4T across the shoulders and I think the yoke could have been a bit wider. Maybe closer to 4.25" wide would be better. If you would like to use the pattern I came up with it can be found here.
This is a good one for KCW since it was a really simple top to make. I can see making this a wardrobe staple for years to come.  I've exported the tutorial into a PDF so if by chance the blog disappears too I can forward a copy to anyone who would need it.
We both like this top so much that I already have another one in the works (the next one will be the 4.25"). I'm actually thinking that I might make one that is dress length too.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment