Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Spring 2015 KCW: Stitch Wear Play Boy Shorts

I can't believe it has been two months since I posted anything. Since the start of spring it has been go go go and almost half of June is gone. I have managed to fit in some sewing here and there but haven't gotten around to posting anything. I'm hoping over the next few weeks I can do a little catchup.
I need some assistance guys.... I'm not loven' these shorts I made during this spring's kids clothes week. I can't tell if it's the shorts pattern or the fabric that is the problem. The pattern is the Boy Shorts pattern from the recently released pattern book Stitch Wear Play by Mariko Nakamura.
I double checked if I did my measurements correctly and Samuel met the sizing requirements right on. I will admit that I didn't do any special fabric shopping for these shorts and used basic quilters cotton that I had in the stash. I thought that the navy and white stripe would work great and go with his little brothers sailboat themed birthday party. I was even considering making a matching outfit for the birthday boy. The results of these shorts eliminated that idea since I have been short on time (no pun intended).
I need some feed back. What do you think, shorts pattern or fabric? Any quick fixes you can think of that would help? I was considering white top stitching on the navy blue pockets and waist.
There is nothing more frustrating than making something and having it not work out as you hope. I'm not ready to blame the shorts pattern I think I'll need to make these again to be certain of anything. It may just not be a good look for my kid. Constructive comments would be appreciated. 

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment