Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trick-Or-Treat Bags

I'm a little ridiculous for all things fall. So when an opportunity presents itself to combine the two things, crafting and fall, I get a little giddy and tend to go over board. A couple years ago I made Samuel and Hannah trick-or-treat bags that received rave reviews. This year I decided to make a ton and sell them. I did pretty good and enjoyed the process as well. Both bags were originally inspired by Pinterest but I added some special details that my original bags are lacking. 

The first and my favorite is the ruffle bag. Its built on basic canvas bag. I add a ton of ruffles, a lining and a coordinating yo yo or bow. 
I have become a little yo yo obsessed now that I know how easy they are to make and I love how they add that little something.






It took a little work but I figured out how to get the liner to work just right.



This a girly version of the simple boy bag I made for my son. I rather like the ruffle up, it has a tissue paper in a gift bag effect. The following two are a more basic ruffle.



These are what I call The Simple Boy Bag. They are sturdy bags. My son literally drug his around the neighborhood through puddles and mud. I have machine washed it twice and it still looks great.























I have a few bags left in a variety of different styles and fabrics. I figured I will add to my Etsy's shop for next year. If anyone is interested before the shop is open, send me an email at littlequailcreated@gmail.com.

Thanks for stopping by the nest!
Darla


No comments:

Post a Comment